I have been working as a therapist since 2004 and am fully trained and accredited as a CBT therapist (BABCP) and an EMDR practitioner (EMDR Association UK and Eire). I am also trained in Schema Therapy and have a Stress Management Diploma. I have worked in the NHS and The Priory Hospital as well as my own private practice.
Prior to working as a therapist, I worked in the stressful world of television production as a BBC Producer/Director. I’m able to bring into my current work the communication, organisational, time and stress-management skills I used in that career. I’m a trained yoga teacher and massage practitioner and I currently combine my therapy work with my role as an Accreditation Liaison Officer at BABCP – the accrediting body of CBT therapists.
Session Times – Sessions are Monday and Tuesday daytimes – either face to face or remote.
Costs – £85.00 – self-funding clients. I am also registered with many health insurance companies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy University of Derby (2004)
- BABCP Accreditation Level III EMDR (2007)
- EMDR Europe Accreditation
- Schema Therapy Training (2015)
- NHS & The Priory Hospital Experience
- BABCP Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Visiting Lecturer, Post-Graduate Diploma CBT, Salford University
- OCR Certificate in Stress Management
- Qualified Sivananda Yoga Teacher
- Massage Therapy, (London College of Massage 1992)
- Registered with most health insurers
- Experienced in medico-legal work
- Accreditation Liaison Officer, BABCP
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Sessions?
At the initial assessment, I can give you an estimate on this. CBT and EMDR are usually short term – around 10-18 sessions, Schema therapy is generally longer term – ideally around a year. If you are coming with a specific budget, we can discuss what can be achieved within that at the first session.
How Often & When Are The Sessions?
Sessions are Monday and Tuesday daytimes – either face to face or remote. The therapy works best if sessions are weekly, so if you are frequently unavailable on these days, I can help you find a therapist who works at the weekend or in the evenings. The sessions are usually more spaced out at the end.
How Much Will It Cost?
£85.00 – self-funding clients. I am also registered with many health insurance companies.