Rowan has been working as a therapist since 2004 and is fully trained and accredited as a CBT therapist (BABCP) and an EMDR practitioner (EMDR Association UK and Eire). She is trained and working towards certification as a schema therapist and has a Stress Management Diploma. She has worked in the NHS and The Priory Hospital as well as her own private practice.
Prior to working as a therapist, she worked in the stressful world of television production as a BBC Producer/Director, so is able to bring the communication, organisational and time and stress-management skills she learnt in there to her current work. She has also trained as a yoga teacher and a massage practitioner.
Costs: (self-funding clients): £75.00
Rowan is registered with most major health insurers so your health insurance may cover the cost of your therapy.
Session Times: Monday and Tuesday daytimes
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy University of Derby (2004)
- BABCP Accreditation Level III EMDR (2007)
- EMDR Europe Accreditation
- Schema Therapy Training (2015)
- NHS & The Priory Hospital Experience
- BABCP Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Visiting Lecturer, Post-Graduate Diploma CBT, Salford University
- OCR Certificate in Stress Management
- Qualified Sivananda Yoga Teacher
- Massage Therapy, (London College of Massage 1992)
- Registered with most health insurers
- Experienced in medico-legal work
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Sessions?
At the initial assessment, Rowan can give you an estimate on this. CBT and EMDR are usually short term – around 10-18 sessions, Schema therapy is generally longer term – ideally around a year. If you are coming with a specific budget, you can discuss what can be achieved within that at the first session.
How Often & When Are The Sessions?
Rowan works during the day on a Monday and Tuesday. The therapy works best if sessions are weekly, so if you are someone whose work means you are frequently unavailable on these days, Rowan can help you find a therapist who works at the weekend or in the evenings. Occasionally it is possible to accommodate fortnightly sessions. The sessions are usually more spaced out at the end.
How Much Will It Cost?
Rowan’s fees are £75 per session. The sessions last for an hour. She is registered by most major health insurers so the cost of your therapy may be covered if you have private health cover.