I have been working as a therapist since 2004 and am fully trained and accredited as a CBT therapist (BABCP) and an EMDR practitioner (EMDR Association UK and Eire). I am also trained in Schema Therapy and have a Stress Management Diploma. I have worked in the NHS and The Priory Hospital as well as my own private practice.
Prior to working as a therapist, I worked in the stressful world of television production as a BBC Producer/Director. I’m able to bring into my current work the communication, organisational, time and stress-management skills I used in that career. I’m a trained yoga teacher and massage practitioner and I currently combine my therapy work with my role as an Accreditation Liaison Officer at BABCP – the accrediting body of CBT therapists.
Session Times – Sessions are Monday and Tuesday daytimes. Mondays are generally by Zoom and Tuesdays are face to face in my Chorlton therapy room.
Costs – £75.00 – self-funding clients. I am also registered with most major health insurers
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy University of Derby (2004)
- BABCP Accreditation Level III EMDR (2007)
- EMDR Europe Accreditation
- Schema Therapy Training (2015)
- NHS & The Priory Hospital Experience
- BABCP Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Visiting Lecturer, Post-Graduate Diploma CBT, Salford University
- OCR Certificate in Stress Management
- Qualified Sivananda Yoga Teacher
- Massage Therapy, (London College of Massage 1992)
- Registered with most health insurers
- Experienced in medico-legal work
- Accreditation Liaison Officer, BABCP
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Sessions?
At the initial assessment, I can give you an estimate on this. CBT and EMDR are usually short term – around 10-18 sessions, Schema therapy is generally longer term – ideally around a year. If you are coming with a specific budget, we can discuss what can be achieved within that at the first session.
How Often & When Are The Sessions?
I work during the day on a Monday and Tuesday. The Monday sessions are generally remote sessions by Zoom and the Tuesday sessions are face to face. The therapy works best if sessions are weekly, so if you are frequently unavailable on these days, I can help you find a therapist who works at the weekend or in the evenings. The sessions are usually more spaced out at the end.
How Much Will It Cost?
My fees are £75 per session. The sessions last for an hour. I am registered by most major health insurers so the cost of your therapy may be covered if you have private health cover.